The Government has issued the following information on closure of public spaces:
Closing non-essential shops and public spaces
Last week, the Government ordered certain businesses – including pubs, cinemas and theatres – to close. The Government is now extending this requirement to a further set of businesses and other venues, including:
• all non-essential retail stores – this will include clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail salons; and outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets.
• libraries, community centres, and youth centres.
• indoor and outdoor leisure facilities such as bowling alleys, arcades and soft play facilities.
• communal places within parks, such as playgrounds, sports courts and outdoor gyms.
• places of worship, except for funerals attended by immediate families.
• hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers).
Miss W Baldwin
North Curry Parish Council Clerk
The Community Litter Pick planned for Saturday 28th March has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
A programme of events has been planned in the parish for the Bank Holiday weekend 8-10th May to commemorate VE Day.
FRIDAY 8th (Bank Holiday)
1:00 – 4:00pm Music in the Church
4:00 – 6:00pm Tea party and celebrations at Greenway Pavilion. Bring a picnic, tables, chairs, gazebos to mark this occasion. Period dress optional. Come up and join us in a community gathering.
7:00pm Ring for Peace, the bells of the church to join in with the national event.
2:00 – 4:00pm May Fair in Church Road, North Curry
7:30pm Village Choir concert in the Church
10:00am Church service. All welcome.
If anyone is interested in joining the music events, please contact Terry on 490962, or Caroline 490677.
To see the latest details of local roadworks, closures and diversions posted on the TravelSomerset website follow this link (also permanently displayed in the footer of most pages of this website)
Are you a local business? You may be interested to read this article to see if the programme can help support and grow your business.
The scheme is being led for Somerset Rivers Authority (SRA) by the Parrett Internal Drainage Board (IDB), working closely with the Environment Agency and Natural England.
Two public drop-in sessions are being held next week:
- Tuesday, 14 May 2019 at Burrowbridge Coronation Hall, West Yeo Road, Burrowbridge, TA7 0RH between 12 noon and 7pm
- Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at Great Bow Wharf, Bow Street, Langport, TA10 9PN between 12 noon and 7pm
You can also find out more on the SRA and Parrett IDB websites:
There is also a feedback form, which gives full details of the proposed scheme and the consultation process, here.
There is a new item on the North Curry web site under Parish Amenities regarding the Community Woodland. It includes a link to the North Curry Wildlife Group website.
You are invited to North Curry’s Annual Parish Meeting which will be taking place at 7:30pm on Wednesday 1st May in the Village Hall in Greenway. The meeting will not only cover a review of the past year from the Parish Council, School and Sports Clubs, but also an update on current issues and the chance to have input into what you would like to see the Community Infrastructure Levy grants used for. Do come along and find out more; this is your chance to be heard.
An information sheet has been produced by North Curry Parish Council as a guide to living within a conservation area. CONSERVATION LEAFLET 2019